This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  vako 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Rebecca Tregurtha
    Participant
    Premium Member

Hi,

Is there a shortcode I can use to add Latest Posts to a static page in a similar way to the way they are displayed at the bottom of each blog post?

Regards, Rebecca

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Rebecca,

Can you please describe your issue more detailed? Can you please share the screenshot of the issue or a link where the issue exists?

With the theme and WordPress settings, you can only have one blog page at the same time, but I can give you shortcodes to have blog posts on the home page and on the blog page too.

Navigate to Dashboard > Pages and create a Blog and Home pages. After doing that

Navigate to Settings > Reading > Reading Settings > A static page (select below)

Homepage > Home

Post Page > Blog

Also, use shortcode functionality to display post on the home page. see below guide.

To display all latest post use:

[bard_blog]

To select specific categories in the blog feed shortcode, you just need to add the “categories” attribute to it. You can list multiple categories separated by a comma:

[bard_blog categories="food,travel"]

or select a single one like this:

[bard_blog categories="food"]

Also, posts per page could be limited by adding the “amount” attribute” like this:

[bard_blog categories="food" amount="5"]

To select specific posts in the blog feed shortcode, you just need to add the “post_ids” attribute to it and list selected post ids separated by a comma like this:

[bard_blog post_ids="1,23,157"]

Hope it was helpful.

Kind Regards

Rebecca Tregurtha
    Participant
    Premium Member

Hi Vako, I actually tried the [bard-blog] shortcode as suggested in someone else’s support question. It doesn’t seem to work for mine and I’m not sure that it is the solution I need. At the bottom of each blog post there is a “You May Also Like” section. I would like to have that at the bottom of my About page too with a heading like “Jump in and read the blog”. I’m sure there is a plug-in to do the job but I wanted it to look the same for consistency throughout my site.

My site is in Coming Soon mode at the moment so I’m not sure how to show you what I mean. There is no way to upload a screenshot here.

Rebecca Tregurtha
    Participant
    Premium Member

I’ve turned off Coming Soon mode so you can see the site. It is at https://familyfootprintproject.com.au. My blog is the home page. I would like to add the “You May Like” section at the bottom of https://familyfootprintproject.com.au/about-the-project/. Currently there is just a list of the latest posts. I’d like it to look like it does at the bottom of each blog post. Navigate to one of my blog posts to see the “You May Like” section at the bottom.

Thanks

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Rebecca,

Now I understand what you mean but unfortunately it’s not possible with the theme options, please try to use some other 3rd party plugins for this, sorry 🙁

Kind Regards

Willem Lutjeharms
    Participant
    Premium Member

Hello Vako,

(Hi Rebecca),

I wanted to do about the same thing and the [bard_blog] shortcode doesn’t seem to work…

Can you advise us on which plugin would be good to use to solve this?

Thanks in advance!

Willem

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Willem,

Can you please describe your issue more detailed? Can you please share the screenshot of the issue or a link where the issue exists?

Kind Regards

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.