This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  szs.wiki.mailer 3 days ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

szs.wiki.mailer
    Participant
    Premium Member

Hello!

I’m using the plugin Custom Post Type UI in order to create a new custom post type called my_thesis. Now I would want to have a separate archive page for this custom post type. In many articles as this one, I’m advice to create a copy of the file archive.php with a name that contains my new post type, as I understand correctly it should be archive-my_thesis.php.

The problem is that: within Ashe Pro Premium such file archive.php doesn’t exist. What I need to do in order to have a separate archive page for my custom post type?

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi #szs.wiki.mailer

I will redirect this topic to the developers and they will check.

Kind Regards

szs.wiki.mailer
    Participant
    Premium Member

Hi, @vako, I’ve managed to create ashe-pro-child/archive-my_thesis.php on the base of ashe-pro-premium/index.php by using the information provided in these articles:

Regards!
    Spas

Btw: Why the prefix of my email is my nickname, Is it possible to be changed?

szs.wiki.mailer
    Participant
    Premium Member

Also the article WP : Theme Handbook : Template Hierarchy was useful.

Duke
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Spas,

Creating separate files for your Custom Post Type requires solid knowledge of PHP and WordPress, it’s a custom coding task and we can’t help you with that.

And BTW have you tried changing your name for your account?

Regards

szs.wiki.mailer
    Participant
    Premium Member

Hello, @duke, I didn’t have time these days, but finally I’ve created a manual How to integrate Custom Post Types with Ashe Pro. Please take a look at the point 3, probably it will be possible to add support for custom post types in the further versions of the theme.

BTW, I can’t see an appropriate field for account name within the account details section. There are only first name, last name and email fields.

Best regards,

Spas

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.