This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  vako 5 days, 20 hours ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Rob
    Participant
    Premium Member

Hi,

I would like to remove the About This Site feature on the blog page, but do not see any way to remove it.  It was not there on the free version.  Can you please help?

Also, is there a way to set up a blog post archive on the site?  As a side menu, perhaps?

Lastly, I no longer see an option for a number of blog posts to appear on one page.  Where might I find that?

Thanks!

Best,

Rob

Rob
    Participant
    Premium Member

Ah, I was able to figure out how to get rid of the right sidebar, so that’s taken care of, but still need to figure out an archive and number of blog posts per page.

Thanks!

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Rob,

To manage the count of the blog posts on the page, please navigate to Dashboard > Settings > Reading > Blog pages show at most.

With the theme and WordPress settings, you can only have one blog page at the same time, but I can give you shortcodes to have blog posts on the home page and on the blog page too.

Navigate to Dashboard > Pages and create a Blog and Home pages. After doing that

Navigate to Settings > Reading > Reading Settings > A static page (select below)

Homepage > Home

Post Page > Blog

Also, use shortcode functionality to display post on the home page. see below guide.

To display all latest post use:

[ashe_blog]

To select specific categories in the blog feed shortcode, you just need to add the “categories” attribute to it. You can list multiple categories separated by a comma:

[ashe_blog categories="food,travel"]

or select a single one like this:

[ashe_blog categories="food"]

Also, posts per page could be limited by adding the “amount” attribute” like this:

[ashe_blog categories="food" amount="5"]

To select specific posts in the blog feed shortcode, you just need to add the “post_ids” attribute to it and list selected post ids separated by a comma like this:

[ashe_blog post_ids="1,23,157"]

Hope it was helpful.

Kind Regards

Rob
    Participant
    Premium Member

Hi Vako,

Thanks for the response.

I’m not so interested in having the blog appear on two pages, but would like to see if it’s possible to have an archives page, so that the blog posts do not disappear.

Thanks again.

Best,

Rob

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Rob,

Can you please describe your issue more detailed? Can you please share the screenshot of the issue or a link where the issue exists?

Screenshots will be much appreciated.

Kind Regards

Rob
    Participant
    Premium Member

Hi Vako,

I don’t have a screen shot because the page does not exist yet.

I would like to create an archive page for blog posts.  Otherwise posts will disappear once I reach a certain limit.  Is there a way to do that with the pro version?

Thanks.

Best,

Rob

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Rob,

You can use the shortcode we shared, this one :

[ashe_blog categories="food,travel"]

Paste this code on the page and chose the categries, only the posts with the attached categories will be displayed n the page.

Kind Regards

Rob
    Participant
    Premium Member

Hi Vako,

Thanks very much for the information.  When you say to paste the code on the page, that could be a new Archives page, yes?

Best,

Rob

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Rob,

No, the page will be registered as the new page will have its own ID, just the categories mentioned in the shortcodes will be shown on the page.

Kind Regards

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.