This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 15 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Ilman 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

JEBffej7
    Participant
    Premium Member

I recently switched to Ashe Pro from a different wordpress theme (Aggregate) and have been happy with it so far, except that the PowerPress podcast player is no longer showing up on individual blog posts. My site is a podcasting website, and it’s important for our users to be able to have a way to stream our content off of our site. The podcast episodes are still attached to the blog posts through the blubrry plugin:

But there is no way to actually play them off of the actual blog page itself:

Episode 1 – Ghost Coyote Sunset

This worked seamlessly on the previous theme, so I’m thinking there might be something I missed in the integration to allow Ashe to work with PowerPress. What am I missing?

Duke
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi,

Please share your website URL/Username/Password and we will check. Make sure to mark your reply as Private to hide it from the public.

Regards

JEBffej7
    Participant
    Premium Member
    This reply has been marked as private.

Duke
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi #JEBffej7,

I’ve just checked your website in the Incognito window and Podcast works fine on that post. You need you clear the cache (WP Super Cache) on your website and it will work fine.

Kind Regards

JEBffej7
    Participant
    Premium Member

Thanks for your help! I cleared the cache with WP Super Cache, and then refreshed the blog page and the podcast player started showing up. I DID notice that on the main page, the featured slider wasn’t displaying the correct content and upon further investigation saw that the theme had been changed from Ashe Pro back to the free version of Ashe (the featured slider content and increased control over other visual parts of the theme were the main reasons I upgraded).

When I switched back to Ashe Pro, and cleared the cache again with WP Super Cache, the Blubrry player stopped showing up on the blog pages again (I also tried opening it in an incognito window just in case, and it was no longer showing up there either).

Is there a difference between the free and Pro versions of Ashe that would be causing this?

Thank you!

Duke
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

#JEBffej7,

Actually, there is no difference between the Ashe Free and PRO themes. The Ashe Pro theme just offers more features and is faster than the free version, so that could not be an issue.

If you mind I will address this to our Server-side Expert so he will clear the cache and check for issues for you, please confirm and he will proceed.

Regards

JEBffej7
    Participant
    Premium Member

That sounds good – let me know if he finds anything.

Nick
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi JEBffej7,

Nick is here, please confirm that I can log in and check your site and I will process then.

Kind Regards,

Nick

JEBffej7
    Participant
    Premium Member

Confirmed – let me know if you have any questions

Nick
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

JEBffej7
    Participant
    Premium Member

Nick
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Yes i was able to login now, thank you.

I DID notice that on the main page, the featured slider wasn’t displaying the correct content and upon further investigation saw that the theme had been changed from Ashe Pro back to the free version of Ashe ” can yo please tell me” 

You can select which post to display in slider

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

form slider & from post meta settings.

2. I have check your Podcast Player issue and i will analyze this with developers – i think i found why it happening. I will let you know when we finish.

Kind Regards,

Nick

Duke
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi,

I’ve logged in and fixed the issue on your website. The actual fix will be included in the next theme update, so don’t worry.

Regards

JEBffej7
    Participant
    Premium Member

I just checked and everything looks good! Thank you for all your help!

Duke
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

You are welcome 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.