This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  vako 2 days, 17 hours ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Bruce Silverthorne
    Participant
    Premium Member

Ok, from the responses I have received, do I understand that you can’t have a search results page and you can’t have a category Archive page of posts unless you want the full article displayed one article at a time? If this is true, then you effectively don’t have those pages if the articles are long. You will never get a page of excerpts or links that can be used to find a particular article in a category or search and access it. Am I understanding archive and search pages correctly with this theme? I am afraid that certain important functionality is impossible, except perhaps with some plugin or custom coding.

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Bruce,

I will redirect this topic to the developers and they will check.

Kind Regards

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Bruce,

As we mentioned before, this kind of changes cant be made by the theme options, the theme has his own built-in search and archive page, there are no options to rebuild or edit these pages.

In the case we are not able to resolve your issue, we can provide a full refund of your payment if you want, let us know.

Our apologies for the inconvenience.

Kind Regards

twoforks
    Participant
    Premium Member

Hi Bruce! I stumbled upon this post and was wondering, if you’d like to check out one of my category archives here: https://www.twoforksandapassport.com/travel/

Is this what you are looking for? You can also do a quick search on my page as well and if that is indeed what you are looking for, I’ll be more than happy to show you what I did. Do keep in mind though this is how my posts display on all pages, both blog feed and archive.

Best regards!

Bruce Silverthorne
    Participant
    Premium Member

That’s very kind of you. I would certainly be interested. I’m not a coder, but I can follow instructions.

twoforks
    Participant
    Premium Member

Oh no worries! Neither am I, I got it all from setting on the Customizer.

Inside Customizer, click on General Layouts and set “Blog Page” and “Other Pages” (Which includes both Archive pages, Search and several others) to whichever amount of columns you’d like with the no sidebar option (or list). In my case, it’s 3 Columns/No Sidebar, as you can see in this picture:

View post on imgur.com

Then go back to the main Customizer menu and click on Blog Page. There, set Post Description to none, and Grid/List Excerpt Length to “0”, like this:

View post on imgur.com

It should arrange category pages and your main blog page to a nice grid or list with no extra text displaying the full article. If you do wish to display a small excerpt, change the “0” to whichever amount of characters you’d like to display, and set “Post Description” to “Post Excerpt”.

Last but not least, if you head over to your WP Dashboard > Settings > Reading, you can change how many posts each page shows before it starts paginating.

View post on imgur.com

Let me know if this works for you! If not we can think of something else.

Best of luck!

Bruce Silverthorne
    Participant
    Premium Member

A great, thorough response. I do thank you for the time it took you. I would still like a list of links with no images, but this will do for now. Again, thanks a lot!

twoforks
    Participant
    Premium Member

My pleasure! I hadn’t understood the part about no images; Going out on a limb here I’m thinking that maybe Vako can help us with a custom css snippet that hides the images from the Blog and Archive pages.

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Guys,

I think we had already clarified the things with the custom archive pages if we can’t help we are glad to do it.

Kind Regards

twoforks
    Participant
    Premium Member

Hi Vako!

Sorry, I hadn’t read the previous topic.

Thanks!

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

You are welcome. Feel free to contact us anytime.

Kind Regards

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.