This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 21 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  vako 3 hours, 9 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

mollylope
    Participant
    Premium Member

Hello! I am trying to change the header size- for me 500 pixels is too large on desktop and it is not translating to mobile well (i.e., lot of white space). How can I change the default header size? Thank you so much!

Nick
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team
    This reply has been marked as private.

lilf
    Participant
    Free Member

Hello, I’m also in trouble with the header size for the exact same reasons. How can I customize it ? Thank you.

Nick
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi,

This is an Ashe Pro Theme feature, but we will kindly share the solution for the free version. Navigate to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS and add the following:

.entry-header {
    height: 350px !important;
    }

Will be great if  you don’t hesitate and take a minute to write a review here: https://wordpress.org/support/theme/ashe/reviews/?filter=5

Thanks in Advance!

Regards

lilf
    Participant
    Free Member

Awesome, thank you !

mollylope
    Participant
    Premium Member

Thank you but is there a way to reduce the white space in mobile around the header/logo image?

Nick
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi @mollylope,

Please share your website URL and we will check.

Regards

cmd4400
    Participant
    Free Member

Hi Nick, I followed your advice (the additional CSS to change header image from 500px to 350px ), and while the image is now rendering perfectly on the desktop version of my site, it is badly cut off on the mobile version.  Interestingly, in the mobile preview within Appearance > Customise, the header image is perfectly resized, but when I view the site on my own mobile this is not the case.  Do you have any suggestions, other than to revert to 500px?  Thanks!

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi #cmd4400

Please share your website URL and we will check for the possible solutions.

Kind Regards

cmd4400
    Participant
    Free Member

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi #cmd4400

Our developers will come back from the weekend tomorrow and will check.

Kind Regards

cmd4400
    Participant
    Free Member

Hi Vako, any update on this?  Basically you told me how I could reduce the size of the header image on my website – which works great – but it doesn’t render properly on mobile. Would be grateful if you could suggest a fix. Thanks!

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi #cmd4400

I checked your website and it looks almost perfect on the mobile version, one dimension that cuts off the bottom part is 580px do we created simple CSS snippet for this.

Navigate to Appearance > Customize > Custom CSS (section) and add the following snippet:

@media screen and (max-width: 580px) {

.entry-header {

height: 160px !important;

}

}

Kind Regards

cmd4400
    Participant
    Free Member

Hi Vako,

It only look OK on mobile now because I changed the image height back to 500px.  When I changed the height to 350px (which is the size I want it) it looks perfect on desktop but is cut-off on mobile.  I’ll send you a screen grab of the mobile version when it’s 350px…

Thanks!

• This reply was modified 5 days, 9 hours ago by  cmd4400.

cmd4400
    Participant
    Free Member
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.