This topic contains 27 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  vako 2 days, 22 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author

Henry
    Participant
    Premium Member

Hi!

It’s me again :). I’m testing the dark mode on my blog at the moment …

There are two things I noticed:

1) The social icons turn to white in Top Bar. That’s okay as long as you don’t tick the background transparency in connection to a whitish header … Maybe it would be a good idea to give the user a choice what color scheme he wants to use for dark mode.

2) The drop cap on a single post (on blog page it’s okay) doesn’t turn white when you switch to dark mode. I have to admit I love the drop caps but it’s no fun if the letter stays black on a dark background therefore I turned it off for now.

Best regards
    Henry

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Henry,

Actually the destination for the dark mode switcher is to allow users to read the articles with out extra brightness, if you want to use the black style of the theme, you can activate the Dark Predefined style and you will be able to use the options you mentioned without interactions.

Kind Regards

Henry
    Participant
    Premium Member
    This reply has been marked as private.

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Henry,

Please share the direct link to the page where the issue appears and we will check.

Kind Regards

Henry
    Participant
    Premium Member

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Henry,

We tested the case on our end and can’t get the same issues, so it means that the issue appears on your end only.

I will redirect this email to the developer’s board and they will check.

Kind Regards

Henry
    Participant
    Premium Member

I had a look at the CSS with the browser’s inspector, the dark capital seems to come from a color-declaration in this selector:

.single .post-content > p:first-of-type::first-letter, .single .post-content .elementor-text-editor p:first-of-type::first-letter

I chose to override this in the customizer’s css-section with a “color: inherit” statement, that seems to do the job for now …

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Henry,

We are glad that you have managed to figure it out by yourself. We will take a look on the drop cups again and if it is our end issue we will fix it in the next theme update.

Kind Regards

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Henry,

Our developers checked your webiste and seem that the issue has gone somehow, here are the screenshots on ou end when we visited your website: https://nimb.ws/aDeC0s  https://nimb.ws/2OI08l

May there was some cached data on your website or some 3rd party plugins was the reason for the issue, let us know how it looks on your end.

Kind Regards

Henry
    Participant
    Premium Member

As I stated I corrected it myself in the Customizer’s additional CSS section (see my reply above). The original value kept a hex color value (a dark grey tone from what I remember) in the CSS that was obviously not overwritten by the dark mode switcher. I kept that correcting CSS for now so I would be surprised if the error would still occur … Do you want me to disable that CSS so that you can see the dark letter again?

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Henry,

Let us check your webiste from the back end, we will disable the CSS you added and will check for the issue.

In order to assist we need to check your website from the back end, please install this 3rd party plugin “Temporary Login Without Password Plugin” which allows us to access your dashboard without sharing access details.

To better understand how the plugin works, please watch the video guide below: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMu0e78OpJo

Please make sure to mark your reply as private to hide it from the public.

Kind Regards

Henry
    Participant
    Premium Member

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Henry,

Our developers will take a second look on the issue.

Kind Regards

Nick
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Henry,

This seems pretty weird, maybe it’s a bug in the theme. We will start fixing all theme-related bugs from the 14th of September. Please be patient, thanks in advance!

Kind Regards

Henry
    Participant
    Premium Member
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.