Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Petra Spitzfaden
    Participant
    Premium Member

Hello, in my posts I am using images with captions. I want to use the first image also as a featured image showing on the home page.  After setting the featured image, the image is showing twice in my post. I read through the support section and came across this code:

.post-media {
    display: none;
    }

However, when putting this into the customizer >> additional css the featured image gets removed both from the post as well as from the home page (what I do not want).

I must admit I am a novice when it comes to css so any help would be most appreciated. My site is: gruene-freude.de – Thank you so much, Petra

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Petra,

If you want to hide the Featured image only in the single post page, please navigate to Dashboard > Posts > Edit Post > Post Options > Hide Featured Image

Kind Regards

Petra Spitzfaden
    Participant
    Premium Member

Thanks Vako, it might be because my WP is in German but I do not seem to be able to find that path? I navigate to Dashboard > Posts > At one post, I click on “edit”  – and then I am stuck. I see what I suspect you consider “Post Options” o the right hand side, but in the section for “featured image” I only see”replace” (Bild ersetzen) and “remove” (Beitragsbild entfernen).- See below link to screenshot.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s2s2vxkxocpm67j/Screenshot_Wordpress_FeaturedImage2020-05-25.JPG?dl=0

I cannot see “Hide featured Image”

Would you mind posting a screenshot where you would find that Post Option? Thank you so much, Petra

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Petra,

In order to assist we need to check your website from the back end, please install this 3rd party plugin “Temporary Login Without Password Plugin” which allows us to access your dashboard without sharing access details.

To better understand how the plugin works, please watch the video guide below: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMu0e78OpJo

Please make sure to mark your reply as private to hide it from the public.

Kind Regards

Petra Spitzfaden
    Participant
    Premium Member
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Petra Spitzfaden
    Participant
    Premium Member
    This reply has been marked as private.
    vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Petra,

We checked your website back end, options to hide the featured image in the single post-working without any issue, please see the screenshot:   https://nimb.ws/IJrPe4

We enabled this ioption for the posts: ONLINE SUCHEN MIT NACHHALTIGKEITSFAKTOR

Please check and let us know if it works for you.

Kind Regards

Petra Spitzfaden
    Participant
    Premium Member

Hello Vako, thanks a lot for taking the time and checking. I simply had not realized that there is more options underneath the content itself – it just had not occured to me that I would have to scroll further down after my content ended. My bad. Thanks for helping me out! Most appreciated, Petra

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

You are welcome. Feel free to contact us anytime.

Kind Regards

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.