This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  wallyjay 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

wallyjay
    Participant
    Premium Member

Hello, I’m using the featured slider on my home page. I think it would be good if we had an option of deciding the placement of the featured slider itself. At the moment it is always above the main content of the page. In my case, I would like it below the main page content and have managed a workaround by modifying the SinglePage.php file. I moved the below snippet of code to the main cotainer just following the similar snippet for the siderbar.

‘//Featured Slider and Links
    if ( get_field( ‘show_page_featured_slider’ ) === ‘yes’ || get_field( ‘show_page_featured_links’ ) !== ‘no’ ) {

// Featured Slider
    if ( get_field( ‘show_page_featured_slider’ ) === ‘yes’ ) {
    get_template_part( ‘templates/header/featured’, ‘slider’ );
    }

// Featured Links
    if ( get_field( ‘show_page_featured_links’ ) === ‘yes’ ) {
    get_template_part( ‘templates/header/featured’, ‘links’ );
    }
    }

Duke
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Wow, nice!

I’m glad that you’ve managed it yourself. Will be better if you create a child theme and make these changes there, so you will not lose you the custom code within theme updates.

Edit: We have not added that option because it’s not common to have the Featured Slider under the main content. Thanks!

Regards

wallyjay
    Participant
    Premium Member

Not yet looked into child themes…added to the list! Thanks for the suggestion.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.