Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    selfmade503
    Participant
    Premium Member

Is there a way to prevent the loading of FontAwesome SVGs? It’s causing a glitch with a plugin I have loaded.

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi #selfmade503

Unfortunately, it is not possible with the theme options, please try to use some other 3rd part plugins for this.

Kind Regards

selfmade503
    Participant
    Premium Member

I’m trying to use the yith FAQ plugin and the yith developer asked if there is a way to prevent the loading of FontAwesome SVGs since this is cause the plugin to glitch. The only alternative solution would be to create a child theme and load a modified version of this file so the modifications won’t be affected by theme updates but if those scripts will are improved the theme will have old versions.

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi #selfmade503

I will redirect this topic to the developers and they will check.

Kind Regards

selfmade503
    Participant
    Premium Member

Thank you.

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Feel free to contact us anytime

Kind Regards

selfmade503
    Participant
    Premium Member

Have you been updated by the developer yet?

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi #selfmade503

We apologise for the inconvenience, we were off for a while. During the existed situation caused by COVID-19, we volunteered to help people bring them food and necessary staff.

Our developers will contact you as soon as it is possible, we had already redirected this topic to their todo board.

Our apologies for the inconvenience and stay health.

Kind Regards

selfmade503
    Participant
    Premium Member

Okay. Thanks for the update. I will wait for the developer. Will that person email me directly or will the response be through here?

Duke
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi #selfmade503,

At first, sorry for the late reply.

To prevent loading “FontAwesome SVG” then we need to completely prevent loading FontAwesome icons because we can’t just remove “SVG”, it could not be separated. So do you want to remove those icons form your website?

Alos, FontAwesome is the most popular webfont bundle and if some 3rd party plugins are having issues with it you should ask them to fix it, instead of removing it from the theme.

Please let me know what you think.

Kind Regards

selfmade503
    Participant
    Premium Member

Hey Duke. This is the response from the Yith Developer. The issue is that the SVG set is a bit different than the one used by the plugin that is based on FontAwesome 4.7.x for backwards compatibility (this last one is still used by many plugins)
    So there’s no way to deactivate them from the theme?

Duke
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi,

I understand what you mean but all plugins are updating to 5+ version and we were asked to update it as well.

To deactivate Fontawesome 5 in the Bard PRO theme, you need to create a child theme and load “custom-plugins.js” file in it (just copy “assets\js” to your child theme) and remove Fontawesome code from there. That’s the best solution for your issue.

Kind Regards

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.