This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  vako 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Tom Demeyer
    Participant
    Premium Member

Hello!

I am creating a webshop for our business using Bard theme Pro. The shop and cart page are perfect as they are, but I’m stuggeling with my homepage. I would like my homepage not to show the normal standard shop with 2-4 coloms and a sidebar, but a selection of categories and soms ‘new’ highlighted products.

Actually, it may look like the normal homepage, where you can see blogposts, a slider and categories, but then for products of my shop, and not for blogposts…

Would that be something I can create by myself? Of does this theme already holds the answer, and can you tell me where? 🙂

Thank you!

Kind regards,

Tom

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Tom,

Actually the home page settings are not controlled by the theme options, you can have for the from page any page your prefer, please navigate to Dashboard > Settings > Reading > Your homepage displays and for the home page choose the Shop page you have, but its not possible to show just current products as Categories or some highlighted.

Please try to use some other 3rd party plugins from the WordPress plugins repository.

Kind Regards

Tom Demeyer
    Participant
    Premium Member

Ok thanks!

After a little search, I’ve found this link where they use the standard shortcodes constructing the homepage. Tought I should share it for futere users:

https://webtalis.nl/woocommerce-shortcodes/

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Tom,

I am glad that you have managed to find out it by your self.

Kind Regards

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.