This topic contains 39 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  vako 2 days, 7 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author

Jerry
    Participant
    Premium Member

Also note that I reached out to Yoast SEO for support. They told me to check for plugin conflicts with the help of this article.

I disabled all the plugins and the theme as suggested in the article. I then tried to share my blog post on Whatsapp and Facebook. Both the platforms were still not showing the title, meta description or thumbnail during the preview.

In this case, Yoast mentioned that the issue lies with WordPress.

Jerry
    Participant
    Premium Member

Is there any update on this? I tried to get a resolution from Yoast SEO, WordPress forum and my host meanwhile but they couldn’t find the cause.

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Jerry,

At first sorry for the late reply, we had holidays

Our developers are working on the issue and will contact you as soon as they have any updates.

Our apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Kind Regards

Jerry
    Participant
    Premium Member

Ok. Please let me know as soon as you are able to debug this issue as I am eagerly waiting to publish my website once this is taken care of.

Here is an update that I got from the Yoast SEO team which might aid you in solving the issue. And as mentioned in the screenshot, I cleared the cache from the server and also tried to get help from my host but the issue was still not resolved.

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Jerry,

We created the same environment on our end and can’t get the same issue, then Facebook will show changes made on your website after 24 hours its FB own caching system, to check how the shared links are presented on the FB immediately, please use Fb debugger tool, here is the link: https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/

We tried to debug your webiste with this tool but it took a while to be loaded.

Please let us know the results.

Kind Regards

Jerry
    Participant
    Premium Member

I scraped my blog post using the Facebook debugging tool but as you can see here, there is no change.

Yoast SEO mentioned in this post that they have been facing the 522 Error (while visiting my website) and the Curl Error 208 (using the Facebook debugging tool), both of which are related to timing out.

After I installed W3 Total Cache with the Cloudflare extension recently (with mostly default settings), I have also realised that my website has slowed down since then and I have been getting the 522 Error as well frequently. I have contacted W3 Total Cache as suggested by Yoast SEO to check for optimal settings.

In the meantime, can you also look into my W3 Total Cache settings to see if anything over there is causing this issue? I have a feeling this issue has something to do with my W3 Total Cache settings (as was suggested by Yoast SEO).

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Jerry,

That can be the reason for the issue you have, but unfortunately, we can’t give you any advice regarding this plugin, the best way you have already used to contact the plugin support team.

Waiting for your response with the newest updates on this.

Kind Regards

Jerry
    Participant
    Premium Member

W3 Total Cache mentioned that my settings seem to be fine as per this report on GTmetrix. There were a few small issues though as you can see in the same report but that is outside the scope of W3 Total Cache. Would you be having any idea how to deal with them?

I have contacted Cloudflare as well to ask about the 522 Error page and the possible slowing down of my website. Will let you know about any updates.

Meanwhile, please let me know if you are able to come across anything that would be helpful in solving the Facebook and Whatsapp preview issues for my website!

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Jerry,

The login URL has expired, please share new one and we will check again.

Kind Regards

Jerry
    Participant
    Premium Member
    This reply has been marked as private.

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Jerry,

1. We created the same environment on our test site, configured open graphs as shown on the Yoas Seo topic and everything works fine, we checked your webiste in the FB debug tool and now the header image appears, here is the screenshot: https://nimb.ws/moucsa

2. We found out that you are using 2 caching plugins, to be honest, its bed experience, they can cause unexpected issues together.

Kind Regards

Jerry
    Participant
    Premium Member

Glad to know that it is working for you! I hope it works for me as well.

I had installed only W3 Total Cache for caching. Which is the other plugin you are talking about? And what should I do?

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Jerry,

You are using Autoptimize and W3 Total Cache plugins at the same time, please use 1 of them and check for the configurations carefully when you are using the cache plugins.

Kind Regards

Jerry
    Participant
    Premium Member

I removed Autoptimize yet nothing happened.

Do you know any article/video which explains the optimal settings for W3 Total Cache?

Jerry
    Participant
    Premium Member

Are you aware of any other possible reason why I might be facing this issue?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.