Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Sunita Dass
    Participant
    Premium Member

Hello,

I have bard pro and am using the new editor. I am having an issue with the “more” block. When I add the “more” block to a post, it shows up as added. However, once I go to the homepage, the “read more” link does not show up. Interestingly, the area that I selected to go above the “read more” link does appear appropriately. So, in other words, the “more block” is working, but the actual words “read more” do not appear on the homepage.

I did try customizing the blog page section by selecting the option for “post content” (vs Post Excerpt or None). When I click on “post content,” the “excerpt length” option disappears, which I thought was a good thing. However, when I preview the blog page, the “read more” link still does not appear where it should.

Then, when I go back to customize the blog page, it shows that “post contest” is still selected, but now the “excerpt length” option appears along with it.
    It seems like my theme is prioritizing excerpt over read more. I have seen other blogs that use my theme, where the “read more” link clearly shows up on their homepage.

Is there any way for me to override the excerpt priority to get the read more link to actually show? Thanks!

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Sunita,

At first, thank you for upgrading to the Pro version.

In order to assist you we need to check your site backend, please send us your website URL/USERNAME/PASSWORD.

Make sure to mark your reply as Private to hide it from the public.

Kind Regards

Sunita Dass
    Participant
    Premium Member
    This reply has been marked as private.
    vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Sunita,

At first sorry for the late reply, we had holidays

We need to check your website form the back end, we need access to your Wp-admin panel.

Kind Regards

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.