Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Velina Gerginska
    Participant
    Premium Member

Hello!

I’m working on customizing my site with Bard Pro but I encountered some problems. Here they are:

1. On the main menu is it possible to change/remove the symbol  <span style=”color: #4d5156; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px;”>◊ ?</span>

2. On the section “You may also like” is it possible to remove the date of the publications?

3. On a single post page I enounter 2 problems. The first one is that the right side bar doesn’t appear, although the layout is set to “Right sidebar”. Also the comment section is missing. I do see the title but no place to write a comment.

4. On mobile the buttons random article and social media are one over the other. And also is it possible to reduce the size of the title on mobile only?

The site is currenty under construction. Let me know what you’ll need to fix the issues.

Thank you very much in advance.

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Velina,

In order to assist we need to check your website from the back end, please install this 3rd party plugin “Temporary Login Without Password Plugin” which allows us to access your dashboard without sharing access details.

To better understand how the plugin works, please watch the video guide below: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMu0e78OpJo

Please make sure to mark your reply as private to hide it from the public.

Kind Regards

Velina Gerginska
    Participant
    Premium Member
    This reply has been marked as private.
    vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Velina,

1. Done

2. Done

3. The reason for the issue can be your installed plugins, please deactivate them one by one and you will able to catch the which one was the source for the issue.

If you want to not lose all the changes made with the plugins, please install 3rd party plugin staging, clone your website database and make the changes on the cloned staging site, here is the video guide to better understand how it works.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtY-q5BBpeE

4. Done.

Kind Regards

Velina Gerginska
    Participant
    Premium Member
    This reply has been marked as private.
    vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Velina,

1. Please navigate to Dashboard > Appearance > Customize > Additinioal CSS section and add the CSS snippet below:

#main-menu > li:after {
    display: none;
    }

This snippet will remove the symbols after the menu items.

2. Weird, we checked it again and there is no date on the related section, can you please share the screenshot of the issue?

4. Please navigate to Dashboard > Appearance > Customize > Additinioal CSS section and add the CSS snippet below:

@media screen and (max-width: 475px) {
    .main-nav-socials-trigger {
    margin-left: 10px !important;
    }
    }

Your news feed shows at the top of the page the latest articles, and the featured slider shows their thumbnails, so you need to change the slider settings to prevent repeating, for example, set it to random.

Kind Regards

Velina Gerginska
    Participant
    Premium Member

It all works now! Thank you very much for your help.

And for the slider – you mean it isn’t possible the latest articles to appear on the slider only and not to repead after that? Like they work separately from one another – I mean the slider and the feed?

On other themes I had, they were connected. For instance you put your 3 latest articles on the slider and then the other continue by date on the feed.

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Velina,

Unfortunately, it’s not possible, as we mentioned above, you can change the slider options to display the post with the different sort.

Kind Regards

Velina Gerginska
    Participant
    Premium Member

Ok, that was an upleasant surprise. I didn’t expect than.

However, I coultinue to encouter problems with the additional css codes.

They just stop working. When I reload the site and a random matter all the things I asked you to remove with a code, appear again. The codes are there but they just don’t work. When I reload the site they start working again. Where can I upload photos, I made screenshots to make it clearer.

Thanks.

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Velina,

Please try to use https://imgur.com/ to share the screenshots of the issue, we will do our best to help you.

But the issue you described mostly comes from the caching plugins or server/hosting configurations.

Kind Regards

Velina Gerginska
    Participant
    Premium Member

Hi,

The images are here:

https://imgur.com/a/yUgingJ

Do you see them? You can see, that all the codes are there but they just don’t work. Also you can see the date – the pictures are from yesterday.

And I have another question – is there any code or plug in, that excludes the first posts from the feed?

Thank you!

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Valina,

Maybe you have cached data on your end, as on our end everything works fine: here is the screenshot: https://nimb.ws/wD6gj5

Please clear cached and check your website in incognito mode.

Kind Regards

Velina Gerginska
    Participant
    Premium Member

Hi again!

I countinue to encounter the same problem over and over again! The codes work and thet when I reload the page, they stop working. Then I relod again and it’s OK then after a few reloads they stop working again. And that repeats over and over again.

And also about the slider – is there any possibility to show the latest posts there only and not to repeat after that? Even with a third party plugin? That really makes me mad, beacuse it is crazy not to have that option. There is no normal site I’ve seen where the slider shows random articles. Or latest articles and then repeat them again just below the slider.

Thank you!

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Velina,

1. As we mentioned earlier, this kind of issues appear because of the cached data, please check it on your and firstly, after that please contact your server/hosting provider and ask them if they have to cache site, on their side.

2. The reason for the issue can be your installed plugins, please deactivate them one by one and you will able to catch the which one was the source for the issue.

3. If you want to not lose all the changes made with the plugins, please install 3rd party plugin staging, clone your website database and make the changes on the cloned staging site, here is the video guide to better understand how it works.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtY-q5BBpeE

4. To change the post display in the slider, please navigate to Dashboard > Appearance > Customize > Featured-slider > Display Posts/Order by an change the settings to your needs.

Kind Regards

ROUHANI Sarah
    Participant
    Premium Member

Hi,

i have bard free on my blog and i’ve bougt Bard pro now.

how to passe from free to pro ?

beacause il’s already mentionned “activate” ?

do i have to desintall all ? i hope not.

regards and waiting hear from you.

sarah

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.