Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Lena AlRayess-Dumas
    Participant
    Premium Member

Hi, I would like a static homepage that has my right sidebar. I disabled my right sidebar on my blog page and enabled it on my home page; however, it only appears on my homepage when I make the blog page the parent of the home page. I don’t know if this means the sidebar “lives” on the blog page only? If this is the case, I’d like it to live on my homepage, but I am unable to figure out how to do that.

Thanks!

ordinarycitizenblog.com

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Lena,

Seem that we have some misunderstanding here, as you mentioned “I would like a static homepage that has my right sidebar” we checked the website link you shared and it has already shown the sidebar only on the home page, here are the screenshots: home page, blog page.

Can you please describe the issue more detailed and share the screenshots on your end if we missed any part of the issue.

Kind Regards

Lena AlRayess-Dumas
    Participant
    Premium Member
    This reply has been marked as private.
    vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Lena,

1. To enable the sidebars on the static pages, please navigate to  Dashboard > Pages > Edit Page > Page Options > Show Sidebar.

2. With the theme and WordPress settings, you can only have one blog page at the same time, but I can give you shortcodes to have blog posts on the home page and on the blog page too.

Navigate to Dashboard > Pages and create a Blog and Home pages. After doing that

Navigate to Settings > Reading > Reading Settings > A static page (select below)

Homepage > Home

Post Page > Blog

Also, use shortcode functionality to display post on the home page. see below guide.

To display all latest post use:

[ashe_blog]

To select specific categories in the blog feed shortcode, you just need to add the “categories” attribute to it. You can list multiple categories separated by a comma:

[ashe_blog categories="food,travel"]

or select a single one like this:

[ashe_blog categories="food"]

Also, posts per page could be limited by adding the “amount” attribute” like this:

[ashe_blog categories="food" amount="5"]

To select specific posts in the blog feed shortcode, you just need to add the “post_ids” attribute to it and list selected post ids separated by a comma like this:

[ashe_blog post_ids="1,23,157"]

Hope it was helpful.

Kind Regards

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.