This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  vako 4 days, 8 hours ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Spike
    Participant
    Premium Member

Hi, updated to v3.4.3 but I just get plain, simple text at the top of my category pages & it looks out of place? Like this…

Can it be disabled anywhere? Formatted at least??

Many thanks, Steve

Category plain text.

Spike
    Participant
    Premium Member

Sorry guys, I’m having a real problem with this. Hope this helps in some way?

None of the category title and description HTML appears to be being parsed.

I am seeing random category titles over different category views also.

Spike
    Participant
    Premium Member

I’ve done some more checking this morning and notice this; I hope it helps?

I have a simple structure; 3 top-level categories holding 3 sub-categories each.

When I click on a Category the title & description shown is that from the first Category of the last post. It doesn’t show the description for the Category I just clicked.

As WP lists post categories alphabetically it means I don’t usually see correct title and descriptions.

Sorry, I know this sounds complicated.

You can see here spikeblogs.com if you simply click on HEALTH the category title and description returns GLUTEN FREE (the first alphabetical category of the last post).

Kindest regards, S

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Spike,

In the new update we added category description option, if you want to disable them, please navigate to Dashboard > Posts > Categories and clear the category description field, or add this CSS snippet to your Additional CSS

.category-description{

display:none;

}

Kind Regards

Spike
    Participant
    Premium Member

Hi,

I really don’t want to clear the Category descriptions (SEO) but I need the correct descriptions to appear if possible?

I imagine the problem is the same for everyone if they use a parent category and sub-category. The title and description doesn’t show correctly.

Is this a problem that will be fixed or can I no longer use sub-categories with Ashe-Pro?

Many thanks, S

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Spike,

Please share your website URL/username/password and we will check.

Kind Regards

Spike
    Participant
    Premium Member

Hi,

The website spikeblogs.com

The issue is obvious on the front screen. Hover over CYCLING and choose a sub-category, the title and description that is shown is for the first alphabetic category of the last post, not the category that you click on.

There is no unique setup. I imagine you’ll get the same result on a test site by simply setting up a sub-category with a title beginning with a Z letter? Click on the sub-category and you will see the title and description for the parent.

If you still require my details please let me know.

Thanks Vako, sincerely appreciate your help.

Spike
    Participant
    Premium Member

Hi Vako, wondered if there was any progress?

I’ve installed a 3rd party plugin to order categories, to see if that would work, but sadly it doesn’t.

When clicking on sub-categories the incorrect title and description is still shown.

If I can’t use sub-categories I obviously have some work to do and I can’t post any more content until this is resolved?

Many thanks, Steve

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Spike,

We are working on this bug, it is just for the subcategory issue, we will fix it in the theme update.

We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Kind Regards

Spike
    Participant
    Premium Member

Thanks Vako, I sincerely appreciate the update.

Yes, I’ve done a lot of testing and it seems to be simply that when we click on a sub-category it doesn’t display the correct Title and Description.

If I can help in any way please don’t hesitate to get in touch.

All the best,

S

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Spike,

Thank you for your response we will do our best to fix all the minor issues.

If you have a couple of seconds please rate our theme with 5 stars on wp.org it will be very helpful for our team.

Kind Regards

Spike
    Participant
    Premium Member

Done… with pleasure! Ashe Pro is a credit to you.

Regards,

S

Spike
    Participant
    Premium Member

Fantastic! Thank you so much for your help Vako.

Installed 3.4.4 and all categories, parent or child are perfect.

Sincerely, huge thanks for your patience & speed of update.

Steve

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Spike,

Your awesome rate on wp.org was motivation for us 😉

Kind Regards

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.