Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Hunt and Peck
    Participant
    Premium Member

Hi,

I’m setting up Woo Commerce and it automatically installs a homepage as part of the process, and this page wipes out my blog’s homepage, which I have set to “posts” in the customization.

This has happened twice and I’ve deleted the homepage and manually restored my blog’s “homepage.”

Ashe Pro is “Woo commerce ready” so I  must be missing something. How do I set up a shop main page without this happening?

Thank you!

Alice

Hunt and Peck
    Participant
    Premium Member

Hi again, I have an update.
    I figured out how to stop that from happening by assigning another page to my products.
    That page is named “Shop”.

But it doesn’t look like the theme’s Woo commerce page, probably because it lacks the formatting.

Can I get that formatting somewhere? I know there was a dummy shop page in this theme when I first set it up.

Thanks, Alice

Hunt and Peck
    Participant
    Premium Member

Ok, hopefully the third time will be a charm!

I’ve figured out a couple things and now am down to just this stumbling block:

I don’t know how to get the layout of my Shop page to look like the Grid layout with 3 columns as featured on this page. I only have one product showing.

https://ashe-pro.wp-royal-themes.com/classic/shop/index.php

Thanks again.

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Alice,

Please navigate to Dashboard > Appearance > Customize > General Layouts > Page Layouts > Shop page and chose your preferred style.

Kind Regards

Hunt and Peck
    Participant
    Premium Member

Thanks Vako.

I had done that but no products are showing. (I chose the three column layout with sidebar under page options).

Is there any coding that needs to be on this page that was on the original “homepage” that Woo automatically set up when I activated the plugin?

That page definitely had more elements on it. My shop page doesn’t have anything but the sidebar.

Thanks again,

Alice

Hunt and Peck
    Participant
    Premium Member

Hi,

I’m getting closer but still have this issue:

I’m not seeing an option to select the number of products on my shop page. I’ve loaded in a bunch of products and just one is showing.

Interestingly, if I select to display categories, or categories + products, then I see three. So the layout of the page is working.

I’d like my shop to look like the theme demo, with three columns/products in a row, and two rows down, for a total of six products showing on this page.

Like this https://ashe-pro.wp-royal-themes.com/classic/shop/

Attached is a screenshot of where I looked to change these settings but didn’t find the option to select number of products displayed in catalogue…

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Alice,

In order to assist we need to check your website from the back end, please install this 3rd party plugin “Temporary Login Without Password Plugin” which allows us to access your dashboard without sharing access details.

To better understand how the plugin works, please watch the video guide below: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMu0e78OpJo

Please make sure to mark your reply as private to hide it from the public.

Kind Regards

Hunt and Peck
    Participant
    Premium Member
    This reply has been marked as private.
    vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Alice,

We need generated login URL you get from the plugin to access your website.

Kind Regards

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.